RE: Military



  • Return to the Operation Soldier Support Blog
  • 11.01.2006

     

    Mail - Not Junk

    When I was in Korea in the early 50's, I got tagged with the duty as squadron mail man for a month or two. I noticed one Marine who was getting a lot of what we now call "junk mail". When I asked him why he got so much of it, he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "Dunno...".
    Later on, after I got to know him a lot better, he admitted to me he didn't have any family and the only friends he had were fellow Marines. It took me awhile to figure out he had been sending in coupons to a lot of companies to get their "junk" mail just so he'd be getting some mail from the states.
    Don't ever think mail isn't important to those who are away from home. I never forgot it.

    Rocky Kemp



    HOME





    << Home



  • Return to the Operation Soldier Support Blog
  • Archives

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?